Tuesday, March 9, 2010

a little change... and dining room pics!

The tidy cave blog has been neglected as of late. So sorry about that!

So I've decided to change the blog slightly. I'm not going to number the days anymore. I'm spending too much time trying to figure out t
he timeline. I want to focus more on the things we're doing around the cave. Also, I want to focus on more than just the day to day cleaning - like home improvement projects and cooking!



So you may be asking... what have you been doing around the cave, exactly?

Well. As promised - here are the dining room pics. The wood trim is called "ultra pure white" and the paint is called "campground", which is basically the color of spicy brown mustard. I like it a lot! We've been having dinner in there quite a bit, and I have to tell you, it's so nice having dinner in an actual dining room again!

Dennis really got the job done - he painted the walls mostly, and hung and wired the chandelier. After it was hung up, I was able to move things around and decorate. I went through the floor and cleaned up all the little places where paint splattered.

What's left in the dining room / kitchen area you ask? Well...

Duane is going to come over and frame in the hole around the breakfast bar with painted white trim. It's going to look great! He's also going to help us put up the baseboards and heater we took off while building the new half wall. We also removed the baseboard in one other place, and that will have to be put back on. No big deal.

My Mom is going to make curtains for us! We're doing a valance on the window over the kitchen sink, kitchen door, and the little bay window in the kit
chen. We're doing longer drapes in the dining room with rod iron curtain rods. Also, the light over the sink has not worked for quite some time, so I'm getting a new one that matches the chandelier. Oh, bar stools would be nice too - but we can use the old ones for the time being.

Below...


The chandelier being assembled, then Tommy trying to help us with the wiring. He was not much help.


No comments:

Post a Comment