Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - I hate my shower doors.

I hate my shower doors. There. I said it publicly. They suck. They're glass, which you would think is nice but it's really not. I spent 25 minutes cleaning my shower today (it wasn't that dirty - I was being meticulous). Most of the time was cleaning the damn doors! We have "hard" water - which I don't know much about other than it has to do with the mineral content. It creates some serious problems on the shower doors. I know what you're thinking. Yes. I use daily shower spray. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone else have this problem? (I also need to get an additional towel rack - but that will wait until I've gotten to the "upstairs bathroom" in my renovating process.)

Above: The shower doors. Below: The counter/sink area. You can't see it in the picture, but the cabinets, medicine cabinet, and shelf next to the cabinets have been reorganized too!


So. I had some weekend goals, and I'm happy to report they were all accomplished.

I made a yummy salad for my in-law's New Year's party. Laundry is put away. Ironing is done. I made a grocery list last night and after going out for breakfast this morning, Dennis and I hit the grocery store. The upstairs bathroom is obviously clean from our whole shower door conversation. Dennis cooked a chicken, corn, and black bean enchilada casserole. It's a weight watchers recipe, and not that great so I won't share... on the upside - I'm taking it to work Monday-Thursday so lunch is taken care of for the week. Score!

Busy week ahead - our orchestra concert is on Wednesday so I will be stressed until then and exhausted afterward. Let's see how organized I stay now that I'm going back to work. Is vacation over already? :(


2 comments:

  1. Kate I had shower doors in one of our apartments that we ripped out because of the exact reason keeping them clean was driving me crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful designs. I like hem very much. They really look lovely and cool. Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete