Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 7 - Boston with Alley and Yo-Yo


A full week - but not a full working week yet!

I spent a fantastic evening with my friend Alley. We spend as many Thursdays as possible going to hear the Boston Symphony perform. Did you know you can get "rush" tickets on Thursdays? If you get to symphony hal
l in Boston around 4:15 and don't mind standing in line they reserve 100 tickets to sell at 5:00 for only $9! (Cash only.)

So... we were able to see
Yo-Yo Ma perform last night for a grand total of $18 for the two of us. Our seats were horrible - way in the back. We tend to treat symphony hall like Fenway Park, so we stood around on the side until the orchestra began tuning and then slid ourselves into 5th row seats where we remained for the duration of the concert!

We had a great (and inexpensive) meal at Whiskey's, and walked around the mall before the performance. I love our Thursday nights!

When I got home, Dennis was still awake - and the house was still clean! I put away some dishes and he scooped the kitty box. I did not sweep the floors, but I'm
not beating myself up over it... especially considering the fact that no one is home all day!

Yo-Yo Ma leaving the stage after his piece.

Alley and I during intermission.

No comments:

Post a Comment