Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8 - Wine and Weekend Planning

Am I the only one who feels like this was the looooongest week ever?

Well, I have to admit I'm feeling a little proud right now. It's Friday night, and I'm sitting in the living room. It's clean. The house has not gone completely over the edge with clutter and this weekend will be actual cleaning instead of just picking up a weeks worth of shit.

Any major accomplishments this week? A lot of work stuff. Our concert was a lot of work, and I'm glad to say that amidst all the stress I kept things together and organized around here. In fact, I think it helped me be calm about all the work stress... if that makes any sense?

I have a load of laundry going - and that will be all for tonight because I'm out of detergent. D'oh. Homemade pizza in the oven and a glass of Merlot next to me on the couch. I'm planning an evening of reading and relaxation... and I can't wait!

By the way - this pizza is very easy to make and it's our Friday night standby.


We've been buying the frozen dough lately but if you want to make
your own dough it's easy.

1 3/4 cups of four
1 packet of instant yeast
3/4 cup water @110 degrees
pinch of sugar
salt and pepper (and sometimes I throw in some dried herbs to keep things fun)

Bring the dough together and let it sit for a few minutes while the oven preheats to 500 degrees. We use a pizza stone (they're fabulous!). If you're using one, make sure it's in the oven while it preheats!

Spread the pizza with canned sauce - or use my favorite, stewed tomatoes that have been drained and broken up.

Cover with Mozzarella cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and delicious! Go nuts with any toppings you like - I've used caramelized onions and butternut squash chunks in the fall, or fresh mozzarella and fresh basil in the summertime.

Yum!!

Weekend is here, which means there are things to do around here!

1. Make grocery list and go shopping
2. While out, pick up a plastic bin to put the Christmas decorations in
3. Put away Christmas (not the snowmen stuff... those stay out until March)
4. Finish laundry
5. Pay bills for the week
6. Clean bathrooms
7. Clean kitchen/dining
8. Change sheets
9. Dust the house
10. Steam mop the floors
11. Polyurethane (is that spelled right?!) the new piece of wood between the hallway and the dining room
12. Vacuum sun room
13. Go to the dump
14. Replace the starter and distribution fan in the pellet stove. (This is a Dennis project!)
15. We're going to Jared and Katie's (my brother and his wife) on Saturday night, so make something to bring over after we decide on a "menu".
16. Practice the viola

It looks a little overwhelming right now, but I don't think it will be too bad. We actually don't have a lot of Christmas stuff. It's mainly the tree and lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment