Friday, January 22, 2010

Days 19-22 - do I even live here?

Hey everyone...

It's been a few days, and I'm starting to ask myself... "Do I even live here?" :)

Tuesday was an icky, snowy day, and I ended up canceling my lessons after a few cancellations. It was nice to be home on a weeknight - I made leftovers for dinner and read my book.

Wednesday I had a full day, teaching lessons until about 7:30. I came home to a treat. My husband works with someone who frequently makes a "catered" lunch for the other people in the office. When there's something they think I will like, or if there are leftovers, sometimes I get a doggy bad dinner. This time it was prosciutto stuffed chicken breast with shrimp, garlic, and capers in a lemony sauce with pasta. It was fantastic, and delicious, and waiting for me on a plate! I love it!

Thursday was my BSO night with Alley. Dinner at Whiskey's in Boston - a salad and a Sam Adams spring ale... it made me want spring to come even faster!!!

Tonight, Friday! I took the last of my fiesta rice and tried something a little different with it. I made a dough (a packet of instant yeast mixed 3/4 cup of 110 degree water and a pinch of sugar - add it to 1 and 3/4 cup flour and ta-daaaaa you have a dough) and divided it in half. I made "fiesta pockets" by rolling each half out thin, filling it with salsa, the leftover rice, and cheddar cheese. I made pockets out of it and baked it at 500 degrees for about 14 minutes on my pizza stone. It was interesting - like a baked burrito. I wish I had some sour cream for dipping.

So - it's Friday, so that means it's time for the weekend list!

1. The usual - dust, laundry, iron, floors, bathrooms.
2. Make a potato salad to bring to Jared and Katie's - this may be a "Dennis task".
3. Get my oil changed.
4. Go to the car wash and vacuum my truck.
5. Get in some serious viola practice time - my first New Hampshire Philharmonic rehearsal is coming up quick.
6. Make a weekly menu and grocery shop.

Nothing too strenuous. Laundry is already going, so I'm partially done already! Woo-hoo!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment